Root Canal Therapy at Augusta Road
Save your tooth and end your pain!
Root Canal vs. Extraction
A root canal costs less than extracting your tooth and replacing it with a dental implant.
Maintain your bite and continue eating your favorite foods without discomfort.
You’ll protect your surrounding teeth and oral health by removing the infection or decay while keeping your tooth.
Many patients claim they felt immediate pain relief after getting root canal therapy.
“I Am Pain-Free Now”
First of all, thank you so much, Dr. Greg and Chan! I had my root canal at ProGrin, which I was not daring since I had an earlier bad experience with a lot of pain at a different practice ☹️, but Dr. Greg made sure that I'd have no pain and trouble. I am pain-free now and will recommend this place, especially this wonderful doctor. ?
Karuna M., 5-Star Google Review
FAQs about Root Canals
- What are the steps for a root canal procedure?
A root canal is a tried-and-true endodontic procedure that’s saved countless teeth from getting extracted.
Here’s a general overview of what to expect:
- Using advanced technology, we’ll determine if a root canal is your best option
- We’ll numb your tooth and ensure you’re comfortable before starting
- The diseased pulp (tooth nerve) inside your tooth along with any infected tissue is removed
- The inside of your tooth is disinfected, filled, and sealed to protect it and prevent reinfection
- A custom natural-looking crown is placed to safeguard your tooth
Throughout the procedure, we’ll make sure you’re relaxed and out of harm’s way.
- Are root canals effective?
Yes! Root canals are extremely effective and have a 95% success rate. The key to achieving this is choosing an experienced and trained dentist.
- What happens if I don't get a root canal?
The longer you put off getting a root canal, the more you’re at risk for:
- Severe or unbearable toothache pain
- Heightened tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- The infection spreading to other parts of your mouth or body
- Dental abscesses
- An emergency root canal
- An emergency tooth extraction
- More costly and invasive dental procedures
- Overall health issues
The important thing to note is root canal infection or decay won’t go away on its own.