6 Tips to Creating a Great Resume
A resume is your first impression to a hiring manager, and a great resume will be your threshold for an interview. Hiring managers review hundreds of applicants during the hiring process. Your resume needs to be clear and concise, all while still impressing potential employers. So, we’ve got some tips to help you get a step ahead in the process.
The main purpose of a resume is to get an interview. You want to be able to show your strengths, abilities, and experience on one page. The first step is always to research your potential employer before applying for a job position. You want to show that you care enough to do your homework. Read and reread the job description to use similar keywords to help advocate for yourself. Familiarize yourself with what it is that the company is looking for in this career and position yourself to show off your strengths that are in line with what they have in mind.
Here are some quick pointers that might help you on your job hunt.
6 Tips To Creating An Interview Worth Resume
- Be conscious of formatting. Make sure spacing is consistent within the document, keeping everything organized.
- To make the information easy to read, use common fonts such as Times New Roman.
- When listing experience, use chronological order with your most recent position first.
- Learn from other examples. Modeling your resume after someone who shares your discipline and interests while still making yourself stand out may be beneficial.
- Look to any document formatting system you use (such as Microsoft Word) or online for free resume templates. Much like the font, use something straightforward.
- Don’t put sensitive personal information such as your Social Security number on your resume. It can put you at risk for identity theft.
We know that interviewing for a new job can be stressful. But at ProGrin, we want to make it a great experience for you and make you feel like family from the beginning. We value all of our employees and what they bring to the table. You can review all of our job openings on our website and if you’re interested, give some of these tips a try!